Re: Threaded PosgreSQL server

От Haroldo Stenger
Тема Re: Threaded PosgreSQL server
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dann Corbit wrote:

> Are there any plans to merge the sources from the experimental threaded
> server and the forked server so that a compile switch could choose the
> model?

Just a question, in order to elighten my thought. Does the current experimental
threaded server disable multi-process model? Or does it *add* the functionality
as a compile switch? (This would be the other way round as the one you pointed
out.)

I think it is important as to evaluate resistance to go multithreading.

If they disabled the original method, I agree with Tom. If they *merged* both
flawlessly, I would try to consider it for the current tree.

Any comments?

Regards,
Haroldo.