Re: Replication

От mlw
Тема Re: Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Steven wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, mlw wrote:
>
> I've developed a replacement for Rserv and we are planning on releasing
> it as open source(ie as a contrib module).
>
> Like Rserv its trigger based but its much more flexible.
> The key adventages it has over Rserv is that it has
> -Support for multiple slaves
> -It Perserves transactions while doing the mirroring. Ie  If rows A,B are
> originally added in the same transaction they will be mirrored in the same
> transaction.

I did a similar thing. I took the rserv trigger "as is," but rewrote the
replication support code. What I eventually did was write a "snapshot daemon"
which created snapshot files. Then a "slave daemon" which would check the last
snapshot applied and apply all the snapshots, in order, as needed. One would
run one of these daemons per slave server.