Re: Not Finding password for Postgres user on linux

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: Not Finding password for Postgres user on linux
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Amol,

PLEASE upgrade to PostgreSQL 7+ !  The latest production-quality release
of PostgreSQL is 7.1.3, and if you've got a choice, that's your best
one.  :)

Versions of PostgreSQL older than version 7.x (you're running version
6.5.3) have some pretty nasty bugs in them, and because they're so old
we have difficulty in offering much in the way of assistance when you
have a problem.  :(

If you can upgrade, it'll give you a better (faster, more stable, more
powerful SQL capabilities, better crash recovery (if it ever crashes))
database, and it's also easier to tune for better performance.

Hope this helps.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift