Re: Books on PostgreSQL

От Elein
Тема Re: Books on PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Johnson, Shaunn wrote:

> Howdy:
>
> Have been reading the few posts about the books listed
> (whatever came from Amazon and such).  I'm thinking
> about getting a few books for my department, but after
> re-reading some of the things you guys are saying, I'm
> not so sure about which books are worth getting.
>
> Is there anything on the list that I *should* get for
> general department use?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -X

For Object-Relational Concepts I recommend
Paul Brown's book:
    Object-Relational Database Development, A Plumber's Guide
and his book w/Stonebraker:
    Object-Relational DBMS

Very unfortunately the plumbers guide is Informix 9 (RIP)
specific in it's syntax but the concepts are solid.
For the other, it is important to remember to underlying
concepts that created postgres in the first place.

Both are must reads, imho, for anyone developing postgresql
and for users who need conceptual insights rather than
syntax and usage guides.

elein

elein@nextbus.com
(510)420-3120