Re: ResultSet memory usage

От Barry Lind
Тема Re: ResultSet memory usage
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Timo,

This question has been answered before on this list so you can check the
mail archives for a good answer.  But in short, the only way to do this
today would be to either use the LIMIT clause in the SQL or to use the
SQL cursor statements such as DECLARE CURSOR, FETCH, CLOSE, etc.

The behavior you are seeing is how the database talks to client
applications.  When a query is executed the entire result is sent to the
client at once and must be read by the client before any other
opperations can be performed.  There is a todo item on the jdbc todo
list to begin implicitly using CURSORS to work around this limitatation
but that won't happen before 7.3.

thanks,
--Barry