Migration from MySQL

От Dave Page
Тема Migration from MySQL
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Justin wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> Um, how well does PgAdmin migrate MySQL databases to PostgreSQL?
> (flawlessly?)
>
> If it does it REAL well, I think it'd be worthwhile you (or someone on the
> pgadmin team) writing a quick HOW-TO guide for converting from MySQL to
> PostgreSQL with it.  The other guides we've got are pretty much hacks.  :(
>
> What do you think?
>
> :-)

Hi Justin,

I think that's a great idea - the more converts we can get the better
:-)

The problem is, I've never used MySQL *at all* so I'm very in the dark
about how well we can migrate from it. I can only recall one MySQL
migration related bug ever being reported though which is a good sign I
suppose.

I'll see if I can grab a copy in the meantime and play with it. I've
also CC'd this to the pgAdmin lists in case someone there can comment...

Regards, Dave.