Re: What happend to the Exoffice XA package?

От Barry Lind
Тема Re: What happend to the Exoffice XA package?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
The code is still in CVS and can be built if you want.  It just isn't
included in the prebuilt jars on the website for the following reasons:

1)  The code is incomplete and doesn't support many aspects of the jdbc2
extentions that one might expect.  Thus posting a jdbc7.1-1.2ee.jar file
is misleading.

2)  It gets very confusing to the novice user when they have the option
to get a jdbc7.1-1.1.jar, jdbc7.1-1.2.jar and jdbc7.1-1.2ee.jar file.
Which one should I get?  (Having two is already bad enough, and when we
start supporting jdbc3 in the jdk1.4 we will be stuck supporing three)

3)  There has been little demand for prebuilt versions of this
particular functionality.  You are the first person that has asked about
it in over three months.

Now having said all of that, I would be very interested in understanding
how/why you use the functionality provided by these xa classes.

thanks,
--Barry