Re: For SELECT statement (just a reading one, no 'FOR UPDATE'), isCOMMIT or ROLLBACK preferred?

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: For SELECT statement (just a reading one, no 'FOR UPDATE'), isCOMMIT or ROLLBACK preferred?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> On Aug 25, 2019, at 1:09 PM, David Wall <d.wall@computer.org> wrote:
>
> Using the latest PostgreSQL, does it matter if my code does a ROLLBACK or a COMMIT on an non-modifying SELECT
statement? My impression is they'd be the same as nothing is changed and therefore there's nothing to commit or
rollback,but wondered if there was any difference in how they are processed by Postgres?

> Thanks,
> David

In interactive psql, both issue a warning that there is no current transaction.  What is your auto-commit setting and
howis your code sent to the server?

От: "Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson"
Сообщение: Re: pgcharts on Ubuntu 18.04 ?
От: Howard Wells
Сообщение: Re: Postgres SQLSTATE[08006] [7] timeout expired