Re: Glitches in heapam.c xlog redo routines

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: Glitches in heapam.c xlog redo routines
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> These things look like bugs to me:
>
> heap_xlog_clean doesn't update the page's LSN and SUI.
>
> heap_xlog_insert and heap_xlog_update leave random bits in the
> inserted/updated tuple's t_ctid.  heap_xlog_update leaves random
> bits in the updated tuple's t_cmax in the "move" case.

As far as I see, t_cmax isn't used anywhere once a tuple
was committed.

> I am not sure about what sort of visible fault these omissions could
> produce; perhaps none.  But they look like dangerous things IMHO.
> Comments?

I'm not sure about the heap_xlog_clean case. Updating
LSN and SUI seems better to me.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Сообщение: Re: psql misbehaves because of a simple typo
Сообщение: Re: psql misbehaves because of a simple typo