Re: 7.2 is slow?

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: 7.2 is slow?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:
>
>>in order to measure real performance of roughly the _same_ dataset each
>>test run did the same total number of transactions 512 with each client
>>doing 512/nr_of_trx.
>>

>That means you're only measuring a few transactions per backend (as few
>as 4, near the upper end of the scale).  I think the results may say
>more about backend-startup transients than true peak throughput.
>Could you try it again with a run about ten times that long?

I did run 4096trx on 7.2b4 with  -s 1, best 4-of-6
   512trx 4096trx ratio
1    180.59    90.15    2.00
2    221.52    80.92    2.74
4    203.72    75.60    2.69
8    179.54    69.29    2.59
16    156.68    63.15    2.48
32    123.48    57.73    2.14
64    89.99    54.14    1.66
128    61.84    48.97    1.26

so it seems that large number of of transactions degrades tps
performance faster than
connection setup overhead.

the

I'll try running the whole suite again with higher number of
transactions i  a few days

Hannu