Re: Way to use count() and LIMIT?

От Joe Koenig
Тема Re: Way to use count() and LIMIT?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This is exactly right. The table I'm searching has 220,000 records right
now, and growing. The "Rock" category within "CD's" will return over
53,000 results. The count isn't so much for display, as for knowing
whether or not to put a "next" button on the page. I don't want to
always have next buttons, but not always have more results. There is
currently the option to browse through results based on the first letter
of the result, which I guess I could make as the 3rd step and not run
the query that currently returns 53,000 results until they narrow it
down more. I wasn't really expecting this to be possible, but PG does so
many other things that I didn't think was possible, so I thought I'd ask :)

Joe