Re: 7.2 is slow?

От Jussi Mikkola
Тема Re: 7.2 is slow?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi !

Yes, now I've tested with 7.2b4. The result is about the  same as with 7.1.

About 200 messages with four processors and about 600 messages with one
processor.

Jussi

> Yes!  This sleeping case is the problem we expected to see on SMP
> machines in >= 7.1 because of lock contention and a select() that can't
> sleep for less than 1/100 second.  Please try the current 7.2 snapshot
> and let us know what performance you get.
>
> --

Jussi Mikkola                    Project Manager
Bonware Oy                       gsm +358 40 830 7561
Tekniikantie 12                  tel +358 9 2517 5570
02150 Espoo                      fax +358 9 2517 5571
Finland                          www.bonware.com