Re: Thoughts on the location of configuration files

От Thomas Swan
Тема Re: Thoughts on the location of configuration files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
cite="mid:FED2B709E3270E4B903EB0175A49BCB1047390@dogbert.vale-housing.co.uk"type="cite"><blockquote
type="cite"><blockquotetype="cite"><pre wrap="">In keeping with some of the more modern daemons (xinetd,etc) you might
wantto consider something like /etc/pgsql.d/ as a directory name.   Where as most folders with a .d contain a set of
filesor a <br />referenced by the main config file in /etc.  This is on a RedHat system, but I <br />think the logic
applieswell if you are flexible the location of the base system config directory.   (/usr/local/etc vs /etc, etc.)<br
/></pre></blockquote><prewrap="">I often wondered, if it is directory, why do they need the <br />'.d' in the name?
thisa RedHat thing anyway? Precisely why I use Slackware...</pre></blockquote> Perhaps... I just thought I'd mention it
asan observation.   Regardless, being able to locate the config outside of the database directory is a Good Thing (tm).
 I'mreally in favor of the /etc/postgresql.conf and support files being put in /etc/pgsql/ or some other system config
postgresql.confin @sysconfdir@ <br /> support files in @sysconfdir@/pgsql or someother place specified in

Сообщение: Re: Thoughts on the location of configuration files, how about this:
Сообщение: Re: Thoughts on the location of configuration files, how