Re: Query Help

От Antonio Fiol Bonnín
Тема Re: Query Help
Дата
Список pgsql-general
For your very particular purpose, you may try to use

----------------
select * from table where substring(column, 0,1) between '0' and '9';
----------------

For a more general purpose, try the ~ operator.

\do will give you a list of available operators
You should maybe care about ~* operator also (case insensitive).

If you need to match one among many regular expressions, you can try to
store them in a little table, and then try:

select distinct table.* from table, regex_table where table.column ~
regex_table.regex;

DISTINCT is there to avoid that entries matching multiple regexps appear
multiple times.

No guarantees on performance.

HTH,

Antonio