Re: papers on datatype design

От Bill Cunningham
Тема Re: papers on datatype design
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Manuel Sugawara wrote:

>Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu> writes:
>
>>I guess I was not clear.  I am very aware of PostgreSQL's excellent
>>type system and have written several types myself.  However, I am
>>looking for something broader:  published papers in the database
>>literature on the rationale for and design of datatypes that go beyond
>>the "standard" set to represent more complex "real-world"
>>information.  I understand this is not necessarily
>>

>Perhaps some readings on object-oriented programming and design can
>be useful. Also, C.J. Date [1] dedicates a complete chapter to
>the subject (19 inheritance of types), in spite of the name of the
>chapter, it seems the to be the closest thing for what you want.
>
>Regards,
>Manuel.
>
>[1] Date C.J., An introduction to database systems 7th editon

>http://archives.postgresql.org

If you looking for white paper material on general storage of
information and its structure check out the current edition of the IBM
Systems Journal on the newsstands. Its a little spendy but this quarters
issue all about knowledge storage.

- Bill

От: Jason Earl
Сообщение: Re: Handling NULL dates in "copy from" statement
От: "Campano, Troy"
Сообщение: Re: Remote Access to pgsql DB ???