Re: Bug #534: factorial function

От Janko F. Richter
Тема Re: Bug #534: factorial function
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [BUGS] Bug #534:  factorial function
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 13:28:15 +0100
From: "Janko F. Richter" <j.richter@wallstreet-develop.de>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>

Hallo Bruce,

Bruce Momjian wrote:

 > Yep, 0! sure looks like a bug.  We will fix it in 7.3.  Not sure about
 > the double precision.  Comments?

Perhaps a good idea is to implement the Gamma function additional
to factorial function. The gamma function as general function of
factorial accepts float/double values as argument and returns double.

Maybe a good idea too is to implement a set of standard statistical
functions for instance normal, poisson, binomial, etc to get less range
overflow while using statistical functions.

Perhaps when I'll have time, I will try to write a set of this functions
as contrib next year.

Thank you and regards ,

Janko