Database permissions

От Tommi Mäkitalo
Тема Database permissions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I would like to create permissions on databases. I have a server, where
different applications from different accounts use my database. It would
be nice, if a user can access his database, but not the others. I know,
that I can set up table-permissions, but no database permissions. It
seems not to be possible to prevent users creating tables in wrong
databases.

I have followed the development of postgresql and read some mails in the
mailinglist. There was a discussion about 'Granting Permissions to User
To Access Database', but this was in january 2001 and it seems, that
nothing has happend.

I would like to be able to set 'revoke all on database from username'.
Am I the only one, who needs this?

In mysql there are chances to set permissions on database. It is the
only feature, wich I found until now, which mysql does better than
postgresql.

Tommi Mäkitalo