Remote connections?

От mlw
Тема Remote connections?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I just found out something about Oracle which that looks like something
that could be doable in PostgreSQL.

What do you all think:

Oracle's version is something like this:

create [public] database link using [...]

select * from sometable@remotelink

I was thinking how this could be done with postgreSQL. How hard would it
be to make something that is similar to a view, but executes a query
remotely? I envision something like this:

create [public] link name query using [...]

The table link will be similar to a view. It could be used like this:

CREATE LINK test as select * from test WITH 'user=postgres host=remote
db=data';

SELECT * from test;

or

SELECT * from fubar join test on (fubar.id = test.id) ;

So, what do you think? Impossible, possible, too hard? too easy?