Re: Can't login/createdb

От Dado Feigenblatt
Тема Re: Can't login/createdb
Дата
Список pgsql-general
by default psql conects to a database by the same name as the user.
So you have two problems here.

There's no user or database named joe (assuming that's your username on
your system)
On a fresh install there's only one user, postgres, and only one
database to login, template1.

psql -U postgres template1

This should.
Once connected, create an user for you (and any other you might need).
You might want ot give it permissions to create DB's and users.

dado.

On a brand new installation