Re: Licensing

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: Licensing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Doug McNaught wrote:

>"Ross J. Reedstrom" <reedstrm@rice.edu> writes:
>
>>Yeah, a quick search on freshmet.net found TinyScheme and KSI Scheme as
>>candidates for an embeddable Scheme interpreter. KSI is described as
>>'well documented: but the doumentation is in Russian'
>>

>Whereas TinyScheme is lightly documented, but in English, so it's a
>win for me.  ;)

Have you checked SIOD? It _seems_ to have the old BSD licence (perhaps
because it
is not updated since '97 ;)

But it is small and lightweight (and has connectivity to msql, oracle,
rdb and sybase)

SCM which was initially based on it is probably a no-no for GPL, but
actually I think
that most PL's could be considered simple add-ons and be distributed in
./contrib where
we have historically been more liberal concernong "other" licenses.

Guile is probably out for same reasons, plus being fat anyway ;)

Refs:
SIOD: http://people.delphi.com/gjc/siod.html
SCM: http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/~jaffer/SCM.html
Guile: http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/guile.html