Using Threads (again)

От mkscott@sacadia.com
Тема Using Threads (again)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi All,

Since I last posted to this list I have done some work
on a multi-threaded port of Postgres 7.0.2 that I have been kicking
around for a while.  There has been some mild interest
in this in the past so I thought I might try and start a sourceforge
project with what I have so far.

From past discussions, it is clear to me that a direct port
of postgres which uses threads instead of processes is not a
good idea, how about an embedded version that uses threads.
A multi-threaded postgres might be good for that.
The version I am working on is slower in terms of transaction
throughput than the current postgres but it uses less system
resources and does not require shared memory.

I know it is possible to embed the current postgres but I
believe that is a single user system.

Comments?

Myron Scott
mkscott@sacadia.com