Re: Initdb failure with PG 7.1.3 on RH 7.1...

От Paul Stavrides
Тема Re: Initdb failure with PG 7.1.3 on RH 7.1...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

>How about the other files in $PGDATA/global?  (Posting an ls -lR of
>the post-failure $PGDATA might be helpful.)
>
>pg_database should be created, and one entry put into it, as a result of
>the first steps in the "Creating global relations" operation (the
>postgres run that's reading global.bki).  Correct contents of
>$prefix/share/global.bki for 7.1 are exhibited below --- does yours look
>the same.

No,  looks like this is the cause.  My $prefix/share/global.bki is only
17 bytes long and has only the header line:

    # PostgreSQL 7.1

I guess I need to figure out how/when this is generated in the build
process.

-paul

The ll -R of $PGDATA is short:

[postgres@redtop pgsql]$ ll -R data
data:
total 32
drwx------    3 postgres postgres     4096 Nov 30 12:11 base
drwx------    2 postgres postgres     4096 Nov 30 12:11 global
-rw-------    1 postgres postgres     7399 Nov 30 12:11 pg_hba.conf
-rw-------    1 postgres postgres     1118 Nov 30 12:11 pg_ident.conf
-rw-------    1 postgres postgres        4 Nov 30 12:11 PG_VERSION
drwx------    2 postgres postgres     4096 Nov 30 12:11 pg_xlog
-rw-------    1 postgres postgres     3137 Nov 30 12:11 postgresql.conf

data/base:
total 4
drwx------    2 postgres postgres     4096 Nov 30 12:11 1

data/base/1:
total 4
-rw-------    1 postgres postgres        4 Nov 30 12:11 PG_VERSION

data/global:
total 8
-rw-------    1 postgres postgres     8192 Nov 30 12:11 pg_control

data/pg_xlog:
total 16404
-rw-------    1 postgres postgres 16777216 Nov 30 12:11 0000000000000000

My global.bki in $prefix/share/ is exactly the same as you said it shoud
be but the

От: David Link
Сообщение: Integer keys vs. Varchar keys
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Initdb failure with PG 7.1.3 on RH 7.1...