Re: Second call for platform testing

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Second call for platform testing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>>configure:1243: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works
>>configure:1259: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
>>as: warning 2: Unknown option "--traditional-format" ignored.
>>as: "/var/tmp/cceTg0Kd.s", line 15: error 1052: Directive name not recognized - NSUBSPA
>>

> This looks like your gcc installation is broken: specifically, I'll bet
> it's trying to use HP's assembler rather than gas.  You really want the
> GNU toolchain (binutils package) underneath gcc.  The gcc-to-HP-as
> configuration has never worked for me (though I have to admit I haven't
> tried in a long time).
>
> In the meantime, try it with HP's real compiler (set CC=cc for configure).

As usual Tom, you're right on the mark!

The HP compiler on this machine is in fact the K&R/non-ANSI bundled
compiler. Unfortunately, the real compiler is not available -- i.e. we
have not purchased it.

I did get binutils installed though, and was able to run configure and
gmake. However, 'gmake check' seems to hang at:

parallel group (20 tests):  lseg point

I have a copy of gdb which has not been installed yet. Tomorrow I'll ask
our unix admin to install it for me so I can drill down to the problem
code. Any other thoughts in the meantime?

FWIW, the server is a new A Class HP:
$ uname -a
HP-UX csdoap2 B.11.00 A 9000/800 594720518 two-user license

Thanks,

Joe

Сообщение: Re: Second call for platform testing
Сообщение: Re: Second call for platform testing