Re: ident authorization (was backup: pg_dumpall and full backups in general)

От Dado Feigenblatt
Тема Re: ident authorization (was backup: pg_dumpall and full backups in general)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

>Dado Feigenblatt <dado@wildbrain.com> writes:
>
>>So I changed the map name pg_hba.conf
>>
>> host         all         127.0.0.1     255.255.255.255     ident usermap
>>
>>and added to pg_ident.conf the other user names postgres might have to
>>switch to
>>
>> usermap   postgres     postgres
>> usermap   postgres     purp
>> usermap   postgres     dado
>> usermap   postgres     greg
>>

>That looks like it ought to work.  Have you looked in the postmaster log
>to see if any additional information is recorded about the
>authentication failure?  We don't always tell the client everything
>we know, for security reasons...
>
>            regards, tom lane

I had never played with the logs (it was off).
I was playing with it trying to get some output on the ident problem.
All of the sudden ident started working. I hate when it happens.
Now we won't ever know what was the problem.
The worse is that I don't know if it will come back.
Is there anything you'd like me to try?
Otherwise, I'll let you know when it sneaks on me again.

Thanks

PS: And I haven't figured out yet how to get the log facility to log
what I need :(
The docs on loging are not very clear. Do you know of any mail thread or
document some where?

--
Dado Feigenblatt                                 Wild Brain, Inc.
Technical Director                               (415) 216-2053