bytea/ODBC/MSAccess issue

От Joe Conway
Тема bytea/ODBC/MSAccess issue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I just discovered an issue related to one of the bytea changes in 7.2.

When creating a linked table in MS Access, bytea columns get mapped to
"OLE Object" as a datatype, and this type is not able to be indexed.
Previously, it was not possible to create an index on a bytea column, so
this was not an issue, but now you can.

Trying to create a link to a table with an index on a bytea column, you
get an error: "Invalid  field definition 'bytea_field_name' in
definition of index or relationship". I confirmed that the index was in
fact the issue by dropping it and then successfully creating the link.

Any thoughts on how to get around this, short of dropping indexes on all
bytea columns? Is their any way to suppress bytea column indexes from
view to the ODBC driver?

Thanks,

Joe