Re: first question

От Antonio Fiol Bonnín
Тема Re: first question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I think of the following (maybe inefficient) way:

CREATE TABLE tempName ( ... , myColumn newType, ... );
INSERT INTO tempName SELECT * from myTable;

Verify that everything is OK and the content went correctly into the new
column. If not, you may need to use SELECT column1, column2, ...
myColumn::newType, ... columnN FROM myTable

If everything is OK by now:

DROP TABLE myTable;
ALTER TABLE tempName RENAME TO myTable;

Create any indexes that were present on myTable before dropping it, as they
are destroyed along with it.

Good luck!

Antonio