Re: Server Side Cursors.

От Andrea Aime
Тема Re: Server Side Cursors.
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
As far as I knok server side cursor are not supported. If you
have to fetch a high number of row from the database use
client side cursor and enable "declare/fetch" on the driver
options for decent performance (althought you won't be anymore
able to use bidirectional cursors...)
Hope this helps
Best regards
Andrea Aime

"Ryan C. Bonham" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just ran across an interesting problem with my Visual Basic 6.0sp5 Program. I am using version 7.1.0.8 of the ODBC
driver.I have a DBGrid, it is actually The "True DBGrid" from Component One, on a Form. It is connected to a table,
usinga bound dataenvironment, which contains 5110 records. As long as I use server side cursors, the grid will only
display8 records. When I change to Client Side Cursors it displays all 5110 records.. I have tried changing lock types,
etc..and have not got server side to work at all. The ODBC Driver logs show that it is opening the correct table with
all5110 records.. I have not turned on Server Side logging, but I can if that will help figure this out.

> Is this in anyway related to my previous post from 10/09/2001. "[ODBC] ODBC ServerSide Cursors Error"? Was that fix
includedin the new 7.1.0.8 driver?