Re: [HACKERS] Small patch for pg_basebackup argument parsing

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Small patch for pg_basebackup argument parsing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 05 Jul 2017, at 08:32, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 2:57 PM, Ryan Murphy <ryanfmurphy@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I tried to apply your patch to test it (though reading Robert's last comment it seems we wish to have it adjusted
beforecommitting)... but in any case I was not able to apply your patch to the tip of the master branch (my git apply
failed). I'm setting this to Waiting On Author for a new patch, and I also agree with Robert that the test can be
simplerand can go in the other order.  If you don't have time to make another patch, let me know, I may be able to make
one.

> git is unhappy even if forcibly applied with patch -p1. You should
> check for whitespaces at the same time:
> $ git diff --check
> src/bin/pg_basebackup/pg_receivewal.c:483: indent with spaces.
> +    char       *strtol_endptr = NULL
> And there are more than this one.

Like Michael said above, this patch no longer applies and have some whitespace
issues.  The conflicts in applying are quite trivial though, so it should be
easy to create a new version.  Do you plan to work on this during this
Commitfest so we can move this patch forward?

cheers ./daniel