userauth and hosting

От Svenne Krap
Тема userauth and hosting
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm about to setup an automated system for creating hosting with
database access (PGSQL).

My current approach look like this (everything from here is done
from
a cronjob program with root-privileges data sucked from a database)
:

I have defined a password for postgres in the database.

<file made from cronjob started from shell like "psql -U postgres <
commandfile">
password-4-postgres-user
create database testdb
create user testuser with password 'testpassword'
</file>

<section added to ~postgres/pg_hba.conf>
local testdb   password access.test
host testdb  0.0.0.0    0.0.0.0  password access.test
</section>

<file access.test located in ~postgres>
testuser
</file>

Finally execute "killall -HUP postmaster"

And will this work in the upcoming 7.2.x-series ?

Is that totally wrong, or is there more intelligent ways to do it ?

Svenne--
svenne@krap.dk (ICQ 5434480)
PGP-publickey @ http://intra.krap.dk/pgp.php