Re: Installing procedural language(s)

От John Burski
Тема Re: Installing procedural language(s)
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Thanks, Tom!

That did the trick!

I think what happened is that I wasn't expecting to be prompted for my
password four times.  IIRC, I Ctrl-C'd the process after the third
prompt the first time.  This time I decided to "humor" the process and
keep supplying the password until I wasn't prompted for it anymore or I
developed repetitive stress syndrome, whichever came first. :)

Thanks again!

Tom Lane wrote:

> John Burski <John.Burski@911ep.com> writes:
>
>>  [ createlang problems ]
>

> createlang does two steps: a CREATE FUNCTION command that adds a
> "language handler" function, and then a CREATE LANGUAGE command
> that references the function.  Apparently you have a database
> in which the handler function already exists but the language
> entry doesn't.  Recent versions of createlang try to cope with
> this scenario but the 7.0.3 version wasn't very bright about it.
>
> I'd suggest manually dropping the plpgsql_call_handler function,
> and then createlang should run to completion.
>
> It might be that you got into this state because of some unnoted
> failure of a previous createlang attempt, so pay attention to
> any error messages this time ...
>
>             regards, tom lane

John Burski
I.T. Manager and Systems Administration
911 Emergency Products, Inc.
25 Sixth Avenue North
Saint Cloud, MN  56303
John.Burski@911ep.com

800-863-6911, extension 221
FAX: 800-863-2991
www.911ep.com

Сообщение: Re: It's dead and won't get up!!
Сообщение: Re: It's dead and won't get up!!