Re: It's dead and won't get up!!

От Duane Kehoe
Тема Re: It's dead and won't get up!!
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
KUCHARSKI, DAVID R. wrote:

>It appears that postmaster has died and I am unable to get it up and
>running again.  I've tried the nohup line from the man pages with no
>success.  I've tried just trying to run #psql dbname Username and get a
>failure message that asks if postmaster is running.  It's not! It WAS
>earlier, but NOW it's not!
>
>HELP!
>
>thanks
>Dave

Try checking the lock file, we used to have a problem like this occur
from time to time and the only way to get postmaster running again was
to delete this file( .s.PGSQL.5432 ) from /tmp, or do the highly
unsuggested reboot(very bad :-( ).  After that restarting postmaster
should complete successfully

Long live the Penguin!!!

Duane Kehoe                             Phone # 414.908.1814
Programmer/Analyst                        Fax # 414.908.1814
Weyco Group, Inc.               Email: dkehoe@weycogroup.com

От: "KUCHARSKI, DAVID R."
Сообщение: It's dead and won't get up!!
От: "KUCHARSKI, DAVID R."
Сообщение: Re: It's dead and won't get up!!