GSL (GNU Scientific library, numerical routines) interface as a contributed module: pg-GSL.0.0.0

От g.p.ciceri
Тема GSL (GNU Scientific library, numerical routines) interface as a contributed module: pg-GSL.0.0.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all,
I've just started to write an interface to some part (it's huge)
of GSL as C user written functions, in form of a contrib
module. It's only the first (very small :-)) release,
and since it's a rather big work, I'd like to know if
someone other is interested in helping me.

Following the FAQ (5.2) suggestion, I've attached
a .tgz file to be expanded into the contrib directory.
It compiles cleanly with my v7.1.3 on GNU/Linux (RH7.2).

My question: is this the right manner to contribute modules ???
So I can keep up posting to this list my updates (I've written
a couple of other modules, a libCurl interface and a nettle
(a crypto library) interface: I can post to the list them, too).

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks a lot
/gp

--
Discussion: How do you feel about Open Source firms making
millions through public offerings?

"I wish these companies were making the same millions without
distributing any non-free, user-subjugating software." --
                                             Richard Stallman

"We're so forward that sometimes we reach ourself." --
                                             g.p.

"It is amazing how much you can achieve when you don't have
to do the real work yourself." --
                                             Joe Celko

  Gian Paolo Ciceri        Via B.Diotti 45 - 20153 Milano MI ITALY
      CTO @ Louise         mobile :   ++39 347 4106213
                                  :   ++39 348 3658272
                           eMail  :   gp.ciceri@acm.org,
                                      gp.ciceri@computer.org