Re: psql hangs when trying to access a database

От Mark Nickel
Тема Re: psql hangs when trying to access a database
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:

> Mark Nickel <mnickel@dunsirn.com> writes:
> > Running into an interesting problem when trying to do a psql from the
> > commandline.
>
> Can't say I've heard of a similar problem before.  Can you attach to the
> looping process with gdb and get a stack trace?

Are there utilities to retrieve data from the raw files on the harddrive, or
must everything be done via the postmaster?  Kinda like a fsck for the
database...

Doing a 'gdb'.  Once I'm in I've done a 'info stack'.   Not sure how much to
include, but here goes!

[root@topaz /db]# gdb /usr/bin/postgres 3712
GNU gdb 5.0rh-5 Red Hat Linux 7.1

conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux"...(no debugging symbols
found)...
/db/3712: No such file or directory.
Attaching to program: /usr/bin/postgres, process 3712
Reading symbols from /lib/libcrypt.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libcrypt.so.1
Reading symbols from /lib/libnsl.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libnsl.so.1
Reading symbols from /lib/libdl.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libdl.so.2
Reading symbols from /lib/i686/libm.so.6...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/i686/libm.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib/libutil.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libutil.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libreadline.so.4.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libreadline.so.4.1
Reading symbols from /lib/libtermcap.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libtermcap.so.2
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5
Reading symbols from /lib/i686/libc.so.6...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/i686/libc.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib/ld-linux.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/ld-linux.so.2
Reading symbols from /lib/libnss_files.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libnss_files.so.2
0x080f6900 in SpinAcquire () at eval.c:41
41      eval.c: No such file or directory.
        in eval.c
(gdb) info stack
#0  0x080f6900 in SpinAcquire () at eval.c:41
#1  0x0807875d in _bt_getroot () at eval.c:41
#2  0x08079e0a in _bt_search () at eval.c:41
#3  0x0807acab in _bt_first () at eval.c:41
#4  0x0807926a in btgettuple () at eval.c:41
#5  0x08071fc7 in index_getnext () at eval.c:41
#6  0x08088edb in CatalogHasIndex () at eval.c:41
#7  0x08089748 in ClassNameIndexScan () at eval.c:41
#8  0x08136d0a in RelationSetIndexSupport () at eval.c:41
#9  0x08137a0c in RelationSetIndexSupport () at eval.c:41
#10 0x08138047 in RelationNameGetRelation () at eval.c:41
#11 0x0806ff18 in heap_openr () at eval.c:41
#12 0x08135031 in float8_to_char () at eval.c:41
#13 0x08135e74 in SearchSysCache () at eval.c:41
#14 0x08139ce6 in SearchSysCacheTuple () at eval.c:41
#15 0x0813da2e in SetUserId () at eval.c:41
#16 0x0813e21d in InitPostgres () at eval.c:41
#17 0x080fe4f1 in PostgresMain () at eval.c:41
#18 0x080e5e40 in PostmasterMain () at eval.c:41
#19 0x080e59e0 in PostmasterMain () at eval.c:41
#20 0x080e4b29 in PostmasterMain () at eval.c:41
#21 0x080e44ac in PostmasterMain () at eval.c:41
#22 0x080b5047 in main () at eval.c:41
#23 0x40126177 in __libc_start_main (main=0x80b4fa0 <main>, argc=6,
ubp_av=0xbffffa1c, init=0x806486c <_init>, fini=0x81461fc <_fini>,
    rtld_fini=0x4000e184 <_dl_fini>, stack_end=0xbffffa0c) at
../sysdeps/generic/libc-start.c:129
(gdb)

> You might need to rebuild from source with --enable-debug to get
> anything really useful from gdb, but let's first try it with the
> executables you have.

Ok, if necessary I should be able to rebuild the postgresql stuff from the
source rpms...
Thanks again for looking at this...

Mark Nickel

Сообщение: Re: psql hangs when trying to access a database
Сообщение: Re: psql hangs when trying to access a database