Re: Posgresql 7.2b1 crashes

От mlw
Тема Re: Posgresql 7.2b1 crashes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> "Mr. Shannon Aldinger" <god@yinyang.hjsoft.com> writes:
> > I don't have a core file, it died overnight both times so i don't know
> > exactly but I can give you the general query it performs. By crash i mean
> > the postmaster process is gone along with it's sub-processes or threads.
>
> Postmaster dies too?  Wow.  If you aren't seeing a core file, perhaps
> it's because you are starting the postmaster under "ulimit -c 0".
> You need the process context to be "ulimit -c unlimited" to allow cores
> to be dropped.  Might be worth running with -d 2 to enable query logging
> as well.

I have seen the same thing, and I have been trying to reproduce it. I know for
a fact that it was in the middle of : (In a C application using libpq.)

declare temp_curs binary cursor for select scene_name_full, track from
favorites where rating > 6 and track < 1000000000 order by scene_name_full

Performing a loop on:

fetch 1000 from temp_curs

I have lots of memory, lots of disk, I'm pretty sure it isn't a resource issue.
(It could be a shared memory issue?) I have not been able to reproduce it. Hope
this helps.

cdinfo=# explain select scene_name_full, track from favorites where rating >
6 and track < 1000000000 order by scene_name_full;
NOTICE:  QUERY PLAN:

Sort  (cost=517675.50..517675.50 rows=2091003 width=18) ->  Seq Scan on favorites  (cost=0.00..135699.52 rows=2091003
width=18)

EXPLAIN