Re: View consistency

От David M. Richter
Тема Re: View consistency
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

Thanks, but what I am concerning  is the performance.
In my database are some tables bigger than 6 Millions of rows. If one
row has been changed in the normal table,
so the rule will be invoked and the view will be kept in consistance.
But this will take some time, isn't it?
I cannot simulate that case with my database, because Im still
developing.
So i have to know:

Where is the rule or the macro stored? How could I disable it?

Perhaps I could do a reinit of the view not after any Select, but after
any transaction.
But I dont know that rule or macro!

How can I get some information about the rule (wich was automatically
generated by creating the view)?
Thanks for Your hints

DAvid

"David M. Richter" <d.richter@dkfz.de> writes:
> How does postgres keep the views consistent to the according tables( if
> the original table has been changed)?

It doesn't have to; views are not materialized in Postgres.  A view
is just a rewrite rule, or macro.

                        regards, tom lane
Вложения

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: