Re: [patch] helps fe-connect.c handle -EINTR more gracefully

От David Ford
Тема Re: [patch] helps fe-connect.c handle -EINTR more gracefully
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

>It wouldn't surprise me in the least if this behavior is
>platform-dependent.  It may well be that David's kernel will allow
>connect() to be interrupted by SIGALRM while yours won't.  (Which
>reminds me that neither of you specified what platforms you were
>testing on.  For shame.)  Or maybe the difference depends on whether
>you are trying to connect to a local or remote server.
>
>Unless someone can point out a situation where retrying connect()
>after EINTR is actively bad, my inclination is to accept the patch.
>It seems like a net improvement in robustness to me, with no evident
>downside other than a line or two more code.

I didn't specify my OS because this sort of a thing is standard *nix etc
design (well, m$ excluded of course).

I use Linux.  Every *nix that I know of can have system calls be
interrupted.

Please wait a day before applying the patch, I want to make it a bit
more clean/readable and make sure I covered everything in fe-connect.c,
I found that the SSL functions are traversed even if ssl is turned off
in the config file and I have to handle that too.

David

Сообщение: Re: [patch] helps fe-connect.c handle -EINTR more gracefully
Сообщение: Re: [patch] helps fe-connect.c handle -EINTR more gracefully