inquiry using create function

От fcarlo@ntsp.nec.co.jp
Тема inquiry using create function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

I've tried to search some postgresql mailing lists and i haven't found
an answer to my problem...

I create a function with the setof keyword...

create function employee(int) returns setof employee as 'select * from
employee where $1 = id'
language 'sql';

Instead of returning a tuple, I get this:
?column?
-----------136491256
I tried exchanging "$1" and "id" but the thing did not yet work.  I
replaced the "*" with the actual fields in my table and it still would
not work.

What could be the problem?  By the way, I use postgreseql 7.1.3

Thanks!

Carlo Florendo