Re: Does "postmaster -i"...

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Does "postmaster -i"...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> All three of these cases work just fine for me.  Maybe some platform
> dependency has snuck in?  Hard to see how though.  It looks like the
> failure is occurring when the postmaster launches the xlog startup
> subprocess.  The building of the argument list for that subprocess is
> fixed and not dependent on what you give to the postmaster (see
> SSDataBase in postmaster.c).

No ideas at all; this stuff has always worked for me (and everyone
else). Let's wait and see if anyone else notices a problem; in the
meantime I have a workaround by giving it more than one argument per one
of the examples.

I *haven't* blown away my tree and done a build from scratch, but istm
that is not something that would magically get things working.

Hmm. I'll try a distclean and see if that helps; maybe configure has
changed a bit and the cache is messing me up??
                      - Thomas