Re: ecpg - GRANT bug

От Christof Petig
Тема Re: ecpg - GRANT bug
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Meskes wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 10:27:42AM +0100, Lee Kindness wrote:
> > And the patch below corrects a pet peeve I have with ecpg, all errors
> > and warnings are output with a line number one less than reality...
>
> I wish I knew where this comes from. I've been trying to track this bug down
> for years now, but have yet to find the reason. Okay, didn't check for quite
> some time now, but the first time I committed a fix was March 1998. But
> somehow I still haven't found all problems it seems.

I somewhat got the impression that using  C++ style comments (//) are related
to worse the problem. But I must confess I didn't dig deep enough to contribute
anything substancial. Perhaps the problem is a misunderstanding of ecpg and
cpp.

I was confused by the blank lines following or preceding a #line statement
every time I looked at it. This should be not necessary.

While talking about warnings: ecpg warns about NULLIF being not implemented
yet. But actually it works (for me).

Christof