Re: FAQ error

От Alessio Bragadini
Тема Re: FAQ error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

>         $newSerialID = nextval('person_id_seq');
>         INSERT INTO person (id, name) VALUES ($newSerialID, 'Blaise Pascal');
>
> Is this correct Perl?  I don't see a nextval() function in Perl.  Can
> you call SQL server-side functions natively from Perl?

Ofcourse not. This can be counted as 'pseudo-code'...

A correct implementation using DBI (and DBD::Pg) would be

$newSerialID = $dbh->selectrow_array (q{select
nextval('person_id_seq')});
$dbh->do (qq{INSERT INTO person (id, name) VALUES ($newSerialID, 'Blaise
Pascal')});

--
Alessio F. Bragadini        alessio@albourne.com
APL Financial Services        http://village.albourne.com

"It is more complicated than you think"    -- The Eighth Networking Truth from RFC 1925