Postgresql concern of effect of invalid index

От Burgess, Freddie
Тема Postgresql concern of effect of invalid index
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Logged by:          Freddie Burgess
Email address:     fburgess@radiantblue.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.4
Operating system:   Red_hat Linux 6.4

We purposely set the "indisvalid" flag to false to force the planner to cho=
ose one of the other indexes which executes more efficiently, we want to dr=
op the spatial index altogether, but because this partition table holds 14 =
billion rows it would take a long time to recreate all of the spatial index=
es, if one of our clients request an ad-hoc spatial query on historical dat=
a down the road.

My question is? What are the ramifications of having this spatial indexes r=
emain in this state?

thanks

update pg_index set indisvalid =3D false where indexrelid =3D 'sidx_sponser=
_report_y2014m06'::regclass;

    "rpi_sponser_report_y2014m06_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (sponser_report_u=
id), tablespace "sponser_data_y2014"
    "idx_sessiondatetime_rpi_sponser_report_y2014m06" btree (session_uid, o=
rigin_date_time), tablespace "sponser_data_y2014"
    "idx_uuid_rpi_sponser_report_y2014m06" btree (sponser_report_uuid), tab=
lespace "sponser_data_y2014"
    "sidx_sponser_report_y2014m06" gist (sponser_location) INVALID, tablesp=
ace "sponser_data_y2014"