pg_restore PostgreSQL 9.3.3 problems

От Burgess, Freddie
Тема pg_restore PostgreSQL 9.3.3 problems
Дата
Re: pg_restore PostgreSQL 9.3.3 problems  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Successful pg_dump:

pg_dump -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres -F c -b -v -f "trackdb.partial.dmp=
" -t tracker_message -t tracker_event_message_y2010m01 trackdb

Attempted pg_restore:

pg_restore -c -F c -j 3 -U postgres -d trackdb -v  "trackdb.partial.dmp"

Error Condition:

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 575; 1259 618063 TABLE tra=
cker_message postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  cannot drop ta=
ble tracker_message because other objects depend on it
DETAIL:  constraint tracker_event_message_id_fkey on table tracker_event_me=
ssage_underflow depends on table tracker_message
constraint tracker_event_message_id_fkey on table tracker_event_message_y20=
10m01 depends on table tracker_message.

the -c option; Clean is suppose to (drop) database objects before recreatin=
g them, but its not doing it because of referential integrity constraints. =
Do I have to list these tables by child and then parent order for this to w=
ork? I thought that pg_restore would automatically order the table dependen=
cies correctly.

The restore is not restoring the data from the backup unless I truncate tab=
le tracker_message cascade first and then restore.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks