Re: Moving CVS files around?

От Stefan Rindeskar
Тема Re: Moving CVS files around?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
When moving files in CVS I usually use the cvs add/cvs remove in the same
commit with -m something like 'Changed location/name for file xxx to yyy'.

That way you have trace in the log about what happened to a file as both
old/new name/location.

Maybe not the nicest way but it usually works fine and I haven't found a
better way yet.

IMHO you should just do it and not worry about the history. If someone wants
to read it they will have to issue a few more commands and as time
progresses there are usually less and less interest in the old history. It's
better than start fiddling around with CVS-files.

/Stefan