Re: Make failure on v. 7.1.2

От R Talbot
Тема Re: Make failure on v. 7.1.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Lamar Owen wrote:

> On Monday 24 September 2001 12:19 pm, R Talbot wrote:
> > You must compile for Caldera.. Has
> > to do with the fact that Red Hat
> > places some items in non GNU
> > locations.. And Everbody prepares
> > for Red Hat..
>
> Caldera is the one who's non-standard here. Caldera 2.3 has positively
> ancient versions of many things, RPM in particular.  I remember -- I built
> RPM's for 2.3 for PostgreSQL 7.0.3 (probably the very RPM's you are running).
>
> But that doesn't help you, I know.  There appears to be something
> fundamentally wrong here, but I am at a loss as to say just what.  Could you
> provide a complete log of the configure run?  It might be helpful.  Anyone
> else on-list running Caldera 2.3 or 2.4 who has successfully compiled 7.1.3
> on it?
> --
> Lamar Owen
> WGCR Internet Radio
> 1 Peter 4:11

Lamar ,,
  Just an update..
I updated my tools and and libc libraries.....
for Caldera 2.3 in fact using my 2.4 CD I upgraded
just about every RPM ..
I then again unziped the tar and compiled the source code,
for PostgreSQL 7.1.2 and I have a working v 7.1.2..
I also made the Perl DBD and DBI ... the make couldn't
install due to lack of shared Perl libraries..( that was the error message)

In My case I will stick to source as Caldera  doesn't play
well with all RPMs..
Caldera 2.3 max source package to compile    v. 7.0.3
Caldera 2.4 so far source package to compile v. 7.1.2...

Once again. Thanks

Bob T.