Re: Unicode combining characters

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Unicode combining characters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> BTW, I see "CHARACTER SET" in gram.y. Does current already support
> that syntax?

Yes and no. gram.y knows about CHARACTER SET, but only for the long
form, the clause is in the wrong position (it preceeds the length
specification) and it does not do much useful (generates a data type
based on the character set name which does not get recognized farther
back). Examples:

thomas=# create table t1 (c varchar(20) character set sql_ascii);
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "character"
thomas=# create table t1 (c character varying character set sql_ascii
(20));
ERROR:  Unable to locate type name 'varsql_ascii' in catalog

I'm pretty sure I'll get shift/reduce troubles when trying to move that
clause to *after* the length specifier. I'll try to do something with
the syntax for 7.2 once I've finished the date/time stuff.
                        - Thomas