PHP Related Problem

От John Clark Naldoza y Lopez
Тема PHP Related Problem
Дата
Re: PHP Related Problem
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I've got a table with the following structure:

CREATE TABLE assignment_answers
(
    training_id INT4,
    lesson_no INT2,
    assignment_no INT2,
    FOREIGN KEY( training_id, lesson_no, assignment_no ) REFERENCES
assignment ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE,
    participants_id INT4,
    FOREIGN KEY( training_id, participants_id ) REFERENCES
training_participants ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE,
    answer TEXT,
    isHTML boolean DEFAULT 'false',
    submitted TIMESTAMP DEFAULT now()
);

And I have a certain function which executes the following SQL_QUERY
under PHP:

SELECT * FROM assignment_answers;

After execution I check my Result resource which has the following value

RESULT_SET == []

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL result resource,

When I use psql to access the data this is what I get:

train=> SELECT * FROM assignment_answers ;
 training_id | lesson_no | assignment_no | participants_id | answer |
ishtml |       submitted
-------------+-----------+---------------+-----------------+--------+--------+------------------------
           1 |         1 |             1 |               1 | aaa    |
f      | 2001-09-26 20:10:59+08
           1 |         1 |             2 |               1 | sddd   |
t      | 2001-09-26 20:10:59+08
           1 |         1 |             3 |               1 | bbb    |
f      | 2001-09-26 20:10:59+08
(3 rows)

How can this be?

When all my other statements work find...  Even INSERTing and UPDATEing
to this table works...  I just can't access it's data... =(

I've got PHP 4.0.4 and PostgreSQL 7.0.3 installed in my test system.

Hope someone can shed some light over here...  even RTFM would be great,
if you can point me to where it is in the FM =)

Cheers,

John Clark

--
     /) John Clark Naldoza y Lopez                           (\
    / )    Software Design Engineer III                      ( \

"Intelligence is the ability to avoid doing work, yet getting the work
done"
--Linus Torvalds