Re: Error in date_part epoch docs.

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Error in date_part epoch docs.
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> Oooh.  Now that's an interesting point!  That's going to play merry havoc
> with our code.  Is there a way of GMT'ing everything?

Not sure what you mean. All timestamps are stored in GMT, and are
converted to your local time zone when sent to your client. You can set
your server to be using GMT, or you can set the time zone from your
client, or you can use it as intended ;)

The next release (7.2) will have two timestamp types, the one you have
now and one without time zones of any kind. But I'd recommend
understanding and using time zones in your application to avoid
restrictions and missing functionality later on.

Anyway, why would having time zones cause trouble for your code?

                          - Thomas