Re: How to make a REALLY FAST db server?

От Marinos J. Yannikos
Тема Re: How to make a REALLY FAST db server?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Marshall Spight wrote:

> Do you have some data to back this up? I'd be interested in any
> published reports, benchmarks, or even the experience you mention,
> if you took measurements.

Someone could volunteer to collect pgbench results for various
configurations. I'd be very interested, since we're about to
purchase a new RAID system and considering the 3ware Escalade
series vs. several SCSI controllers...

Collected data should include:
- OS/Version
- File system
- CPUs & RAM (including type of RAM, i.e. PC133, DDR, Rambus...)
- Controller & RAID configuration
- PostgreSQL version & configuration (e.g. "-F -B512 -o '-S 65536'")

Useful parameters for pgbench would probably be:
  pgbench -c1 -t 1000
  pgbench -c4 -t 1000
  pgbench -c10 -t 1000

Comments? Volunteers?