Is it possible to stop the trigger execution for a moment?

От Piotr Sroczynski
Тема Is it possible to stop the trigger execution for a moment?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi All,

I want to have table with all rows numbered from 1 to number_of_rows
without any holes. It shoud be true all the time: after delete, modify and insert
operations.

The obvious solution are triggers but to write the procedure I need
something to stop recursive trigger execution. Is it possible? If not how
could I solve the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Piotr Sroczynski