Re: Problem: Failed Make on Linux Pgres v. 7.1.2

От R Talbot
Тема Re: Problem: Failed Make on Linux Pgres v. 7.1.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Doug McNaught wrote:

> R Talbot <rjtalbo@attglobal.net> writes:
>

> > Below are my results ... PLease advise
> >
> > Postgresql 7.1.2 make errors
> >
> > /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux/egcs-2.91.66/crtendS.o: In function
> > `init_dummy':
> > /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux/egcs-2.91.66/crtendS.o(.text+0x53):
> > undefined reference to
> > `___brk_addr'
>
> This looks like your build environmemt is all messed up.  Are you
> actually able to compile C programs on this system with this compiler?
>
> -Doug

Doug & All
  Yeah, I compiled v. 7.0.2 It is installed and has run fine for a year.
I did this on three machines.. I have compile many other working
programs.
  One of the Postgres FAQs note that you can not use the RPM binary
on a the Caldera Desktop Install.. SO I  must Complie ..
   I tried the binary and it fails even on v. 7.0.2...

 I also have the same problem with Mysql , the binary doesn't work.
You must compile for Caldera.. Has to do with the fact that Red Hat
places some items in non GNU locations.. And Everbody prepares
for Red Hat..

    So my question is it worth my time to upgrade my libc,  no small
task.
Because it may not even make a differece regarding my Success.

     I have too much invested in time and apps and upgrades to abandon
four Caldera installations...
    Any help is appreciated, I would like to stick with Postgres..

 Installed and working fine
    PostgeSQL 7.0.2
    DB2 v 7.1
    Sybase Server 11